After an overview of the highlights in Velas, the port town in São Jorge you will:
- enjoy Parque Florestal das Sete Fontes,
- drive along the northern and southern stopping the best lookouts to enjoy the stunning coastline including Fajã dos Cubres (One of the 7 Wonders of Portugal) and Fajã da Caldeira de Santo Cristo, a Nature Reserve and Special Ecological Area;
- have an optional stop at Fajã dos Vimes, which is one of the few places in Europe where coffee is grown;
- drive to the eastern most point to admire the islet of Topo;
- if time permits, you can take an optional guided tour of the cheese factory in Topo (or Beira), S. Jorge (5 Euros);
- along the way we’ll pass through villages and see churches going back several hundred years including the Church of Santa Barbara which is dates back to the 1600s.
Private Tours : 70 € / person (minimum 4 persons or 280 € if less than 4 persons)
Reduced prices available for groups of 5 or more persons. Please contact us for more details.