If you are looking to try something new that few friends have ventured to do… THIS IS FOR YOU. This one-week package provides you an exciting and unique activities in a setting sometimes referred to as the lost civilization of Atlantis! The Azores islands maintain an Old-World European charm with architecture and villages dating back to the 1450s and are sure to overwhelm you with nature all in its purest form.
Key points of interest:
- Sao Jorge Island: Tour of Velas, the “Three Fajãs Walk” (known as the best walk in the Azores), and walk along Pico da Esperança the highest point in S. Jorge and admire dormant volcanic crater peaks. A highlight of the trip will be a canyoning or coasteering experience with some of the best guides in the Azores!
- Pico Island: After a hiking up Portugal’s tallest peak (Pico Mountain) hike through centuries old vineyards and enjoy Pico wine and cheese or an optional whale and dolphin watching cruise.
- Faial Island: Stand on the rim of a dormant volcano crater or walk through can be best described as the Pompeii of the Azores – Os Capelinhos. This village is now buried in ash from the 1958 eruption of a now dormant volcano.
Participants must be able to complete up to 10-12km of hiking on varied terrain.
Upcoming departure date:
May 2-9, 2020 Due to COVID-19 this retreat will be rescheduled.
Fall 2020 departure: October / November 2020 – if would like to add your name to the priority waiting list to receive information about upcoming workshops or retreats… contact us
Price from: 1950€ per person based on double occupancy (300 € single supplement). This price includes all excursions, accommodations, three meals/day, and land transportation but DOES NOT include inter-island and international flights, medical expenses, additional unplanned meals/snacks, alcohol, and gifts.
MAKE IT EXTRA SPECIAL – Participants have an opportunity to enjoy additional unique experiences that can be added on, before or after, the workshop, including:
- Kayak or Scuba dive along the coast of São Jorge Island
- Snorkel into hidden grottos and caves in crystal blue waters
- Dolphin / whale-watching among the many species found in the mid-Atlantic
- Sunset cruise on a yacht in the canal between Pico and São Jorge islands
- Climb Pico Mountain (Portugal’s tallest point) with a guide (full-day activity)
- Experience breathtaking hikes through lush, green vegetation, beautiful volcanic craters and spectacular cliffs
- Countless sites to simply relax and revitalize
- Take a short ferry ride to the nearby islands of Pico and Faial to:
- Walk through a UNESCO World Heritage site, Pico Island’s Vineyard Culture, and then savor its wines
- Visit the volcanic ash covered village of Capelinhos on Faial Island (1957-58 eruption)
- Or discover the joy of painting with our exclusive “Painting for the Brain Workshop”
QUINTA DAS FIGUERIAS
VILLAS CASTELETES (300 Euro Supplement)