If you are looking to Relax, Recharge and Revitalize… THIS IS FOR YOU. This 4 or 7-Day package provides you an exciting and an opportunity to do unique activities in a setting sometimes referred to as the lost civilization of Atlantis! The Azores islands maintain an Old-World European charm with architecture and villages dating back to the 1450s and are sure to overwhelm you with nature all in its purest form.
IMPORTANT NOTE: DUE TO THE RECENT INCREASE IN SEISMIC ACTIVITY ON S. JORGE ISLAND AND IN THE INTEREST OF EVERYONE’S SAFETY, THE UPCOMING GROUP TOURS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED. ALTERNATIVES DATE WILL BE OFFERED ONCE THE SITUATION HAS STABILIZED.
STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES BY JOINING OUR COMMUNITY. (March 25, 2022)
Key points of interest:
- Sao Jorge Island: Relax in the port town of Velas, be inspired by the “Three Fajãs Walk” (known as the best walk in the Azores) and along Pico da Esperança, the highest point in S. Jorge, where you can admire dormant volcanic crater peaks and weather permitting, an unforgettable boat ride along São Jorge Island’s unique coastline with waterfalls and grottos. (4 and 7-Day Packages)
- Pico Island: visit the UNESCO World Heritage wine vineyards and museum, a unique nature walk and visit to the picturesque port village of Madalena. (7-Day Package only)
- Faial Island: Stand on the rim of a dormant volcano crater and walk through can be best described as the Pompeii of the Azores – Os Capelinhos. This village is now buried in ash from the 1958 eruption of a now dormant volcano. (7-Day Package only)
Participants must be able to complete up to 6-10 km of hiking on varied terrain, otherwise alternative hikes can be offered as part of a Self-Guided or Personalized Plan.
This package is available as a:
- Self-Guided Package – with this option you can do it alone, with a partner or friends and family. Most importantly you can change it up and adjust it to meet YOUR preferences. You can select your accommodations based on your comfort-level and budget. This option is available all year round! Click here for more information on Self-Guided Packages.
- Group Tour (4 or 7-Day Packages) – this option offers many inclusions to make your trip as worry-free as possible. This Group Tour option is offered at select times of year and includes all excursions, accommodations, three meals per day, and land and seas transportation but DOES NOT include inter-island and international flights, insurance, medical expenses, additional unplanned meals/snacks, alcohol, and gifts.
- Personalized Plan – All packages can be modified as part of a Personalized Plan. Click here for more information on Personalized DIY Plans.
Upcoming Group Tour departure dates:
- 4-Day Package May 1-5, 2022 ($1,500 USD per person) (Arrival and Departure from São Jorge Island)
- 7-Day Package May 1-8, 2022 ($2,500 USD per person) (Arrival to São Jorge Island and Departure from Pico Island)
Self-Guided and Personalized Plan Package prices are dependent on the number of travelers, time of year, selected inclusions and accommodations based preferred comfort-level.
MAKE IT EXTRA SPECIAL…. with optional unique experiences that can be added to your travel plans including:
- Canyoning, Coasteering, Kayaking or Scuba diving along the coast of São Jorge Island
- Snorkel into hidden grottos and caves in crystal blue waters
- Dolphin / whale-watching among the many species found in the mid-Atlantic
- Sunset cruise on a yacht in the canal between Pico and São Jorge islands
- Climb Pico Mountain (Portugal’s tallest point) with a guide (full-day activity)
- Experience breathtaking hikes through lush, green vegetation, beautiful volcanic craters and spectacular cliffs
- Enjoy countless sites to simply relax and revitalize
- Relaxation or Therapeutic Massage