TRANSFORM INTO YOUR BEST SELF IN 2020
This one-week wellness retreat offers you an opportunity to getaway, relax and recharge on the idyllic islands of São Jorge and São Miguel, Azores. This remote, nine-island archipelago off the coast of Portugal will offer you’re an opportunity to emerge yourself in nature. Make new long-lasting friendships and restore mind, body and soul as you explore this beautiful subtropical paradise.
During this retreat you will:
- Discover yourself as your hosts, Julie and Luciana, guide you through all-levels yoga, meditation, breath work, and/or wellness classes.
- Participate in a local 400 year old cultural festival on São Jorge Island
- Relax and soak in therapeutic geothermal pools
- Feel your adrenaline rush as you rappel down spectacular waterfalls (known as canyoning).
- Dine on Cozido ~ a unique dish steam cooked in geothermal fumaroles
- Participate in the production of coffee on one of the few coffee plantations in Europe
- Visit a tea plantation, tour the historical factory, participate in the production, and enjoy a fresh cup of tea
- Fuel your body with health conscious meals prepared with locally sourced ingredients
- Engage with the locals while helping prepare and cook a traditional Portuguese meal on a farm
- Breathe in the vast untouched landscapes and wander through ancient fishing villages
- Gaze in awe at stunning views from scenic overlooks
- Hike through lush vegetation, bubbling brooks, and moderate inclines. Moderate level hiking included in this trip.
This retreat is open to people of all genders and most enjoyed by those who can perform a moderate level of hiking with slight inclines. Note: all animation and workshops will be provided in English only.
Julie is the type of person who is always curious to discover what is just around the bend. Her inquisitive nature has led her down tiny alleys in Western Europe, has enticed her to kayak fjords in New Zealand, follow penguins at the tip of Australia and engage in fisticuffs with monkeys in Bali. She thrives outdoors while creating beauty in her flower gardens, backpacking to remote alpine lakes or simply walking for miles in the surf. She is a wife, mother, avid baker, writer, and co-creator of Travel to Transform. As a life coach, yoga instructor and personal consciousness trainer, Julie has a passion for guiding others to uncover their inner soul and turn their dreams into reality.
Luciana’s multi-cultural upbringing always sparked her interest in global travel, leading her to live in Brazil and Spain. Some of her favorite travel experiences include a spiritual journey through India, camping in the Sahara Desert, honeymooning in Bali, and backpacking Western Europe throughout her early 20’s. After pursuing the first 5 years of her corporate career in human resources, Luciana found her true calling to guide women through self-transformation and entrepreneurship. She uses her training in Transformational Breathwork, Integrative Nutrition Health Coaching, Yoga Instruction, and Essential Oils as tools for her clients. On her free time, she enjoys spending time with her daughter and husband, trail running, practicing yoga, gardening, cooking, reading, traveling, and being outdoors.
Price from: $2,747 USD per person for double occupancy (single person $3,147 USD). This price includes all excursions, accommodations, three meals/day, and land transportation but DOES NOT include inter-island and international flights to and from the Azores, medical expenses, additional unplanned meals/snacks, alcohol, and gifts.
May 30 – June 6, 2020
Due to COVID-19 this retreat will be rescheduled.
This retreat is a collaboration between Travel to Transform and L(i)FE! Wellness.
Travel to Transform is committed to their mission: to mindfully craft travel experiences for self-transformation.
L(i)FE! Wellness is a network of unique partners in the Azores that offer services and experiences to satisfy your sense of well-being.
If you are unable to attend this retreat but would like to add your name to the priority waiting list to receive information about upcoming workshops or retreats…Contact us