Congratulations on attending the 2023 Heart Accelerator. The 7-day retreat is from October 22 – 29, 2023 at the Pine Cliffs Hotel along Portugal’s southern Algarve coast.
This page provides attendees information to make their experience extra special and as stress-free as possible. Note that the actvities, excursions and shuttle / private transfers listed below are not included in the 2023 HEART ACCELERATOR retreat fee.
Requests for hotel / airport transfers, activities & post-retreat excursions
EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 15th, 2023 all requests are on standby lists and subject to availability. Please send your requests to [email protected]
Planning Your Arrival and Departure
The Pine Cliffs Hotel is located in Albufeira, Portugal. The closest international airport is the Faro International Airport (FAO). Retreat participants can facilitate travel to and from the Pine Cliffs Hotel using one or more of the options below.
FLYING INTO FARO:
- A flight into the Faro Airport is the most direct option. This will require a transfer by taxi/uber/shuttle or private transfer from the Faro airport to the retreat hotel which is approximately 38 km (24 miles) or 30-40 minutes away.
FLY INTO LISBON:
- Many international flights fly into the Lisbon Airport and will require an additional connection (or a separate flight) into the Faro Airport. This will then also require a transfer from the Faro airport to the retreat hotel.
- Participants may want to consider one of the following options for direct transfers from Lisbon to the retreat hotel:
- Direct shuttle or private transfer(s) from Lisbon to the retreat hotel
- Public transportation options (bus or train) may require a metro connection from the Lisbon Airport to the Orient Station in order to take the inter-city bus or train to Faro / Albufeira.
- Once in Faro / Albufeirayou will then require a transfer from the bus or train station to the Pine Cliffs Hotel
See the “Shuttle & Private Transfer Options” Table at the bottom of this page for dates and cost
Two Optional Activities During the Retreat
The retreat schedule includes some free time (between lunch and dinner) on a couple of days. You can use this time to add these optional activities.
|Silent Hike Along the Seven Hanging Valleys Coastline||50 Euros|
|Algarve Coast Boat Tour||50 Euros|
NOTE: Due to off-site transportation requirements, space will be limited so be sure to secure your spot early. Reservations will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
Silent Hike Along the Seven Hanging Valleys Coastline
(1.5 – 2 hours plus transportation time)
Enjoy a leisurely walk along the most scenic part of SEVEN HANGING VALLEYS TRAIL starts at the Benagil beach and ends at the Praia da Marinha beach.
This is a spectacular trail along the top of coastal cliffs overlooking turquoise ocean waters, natural arches and rock formations. Considered by many to be the best hike in the Algarve, this winding and fragrant trail takes winds its way through some of the most beautiful natural gems of the Algarve.
Algarve Coast Boat Tour
Enjoy the Algarve coast from a completely different perspective… this time from the sea.
This 2 – 2.5 hour boat tour explores the unique caves, Algarvian coastline and dramatic rock formations and if you’re lucky an opportunity to see dolphins in the Mediterranean Sea.
Post-Retreat: Integration and Portugal Exploration Excursion
3-Days / Nights: Lisbon with visits to Sintra and Cascais
(Nights of Oct. 29 – 30 – 31, 2023)
As a result of the feedback from the 2022 Post-Retreat Best of Portugal excursion, this year’s Post-Retreat: Integration and Portugal Exploration excursion has been updated to include an expanded program and an option to include one (or more) coaches from the retreat. The program allows for a slow and smooth post-retreat transition back to the day-to-day reality. In addition to a slow(er) pace of travel, the optional support from a retreat coach allows for additional guidance as well as group check-ins to share thoughts and feelings with a gradual decrease as the integration week progresses.
The general concensus from previous excursion participants was that having a retreat coach included as part of the (re)integration excursion would be very helpful and has now been incorporated into this year’s 3-Day excursion to Lisbon (with a day trip visit to Sintra and Cascais). This excursion will depart directly from the Pine Cliffs Hotel (after lunch on the last day of the retreat, October 29, 2023)
LISBON: Portugal’s capital is one of the oldest cities in the world, and the second-oldest European capital city (after Athens), predating other modern European capitals by centuries. Lisbon is also one of the top 10 most visited cities in southern Europe and Portugal’s main economic center. With just over 500 thousand inhabitants (3.5 million including the metropolitan area) it is a hub for finance, international trade, fashion, arts & entertainment and of course tourism. The Belém district is just a few kilometers from the historic center of Lisbon and where you visit historic landmarks that recall Portugal’s seafaring past, like the 16th-century Tower of Belém and the sail-shaped Discoveries Monument.
SINTRA: Regarded by many as the best day trip from Lisbon, Sintra is a gem that cannot be missed and less than 30km (19 miles) from Lisbon. Pastel and mystic palaces, moorish castles and lavish estates are just some of the highlights.
- DAY 1 (Sun. Oct. 29th) – After ample time for goodbyes (and an optional lunch at the retreat hotel), we’ll depart for Lisbon and check-in to the hotel. This first night in Lisbon is a good opportunity for a group dinner (included) when other retreat participants that are heading home. Enjoy some free time before and after the buffet dinner to rest & reflect or venture out for a stroll around Lisbon. (Hotel in Lisbon)
- DAY 2 (Mon. Oct. 30th) – enjoy this special day to Sintra includes a visit to the mystic Quinta da Regaleira which will be an ideal location for a group check-in circle. The Quinta boasts a romantic palace and chapel, and a luxurious park that features lakes, grottoes, wells, benches, fountains, and a vast array of exquisite constructions. After lunch in the historic city center in Sintra, we’ll head to the seaside to enjoy a walk along the Cascais coast, the Boca do Inferno look-out and a leisurely walk through picturesque Cascais. End the day, back in Lisbon for some free time back in Lisbon to enjoy your dinner at your leisure. (Hotel in Lisbon)
- DAY 3 (Tues. Oct. 31st) – in the morning, enjoy a guided walk-through Lisbon’s historic neighborhoods with colorful buildings and impressive architecture. The city walking tour will takes us through some of the key sites in Lisbon and end near the Praça do Commercio. Enjoy your free afternoon at leisure for lunch, shopping and time to enjoy Lisbon. Alternatively, you can take advantage of a free transfer to (and from) the Belem district to explore its numerous monuments and museums. Evening and dinner is at your leisure. (Hotel in Lisbon)
POST-RETREAT: VISIT THE AZORES ISLANDS
SMALL GROUP ACCOMPANIED PACKAGE: Oct. 29 to Nov. 8, 2023
SELF-GUIDED PACKAGES ALSO AVAILABLE
You may want to take advantage of the trip to Portugal to make a side-trip to relax and recharge on the idyllic Azores islands. This remote, nine-island archipelago of Portugal offers you an opportunity to immerse yourself in nature. Restore & revitalize the mind, body and soul as you explore this beautiful subtropical paradise. The islands can be easily reached from Lisbon (2.5 hour flight) or on a stop-over flight to the United States or Canada.
Enjoy some of Christina’s unique nature walks and hikes that you’ve seen in many of her videos. Some packages include a special day long hike to the Caldeira do Senhor Santo Cristo which is considered by many to be the best hike of the Azores and, weather permitting, a boat ride along São Jorge’s unique coastline.
Enjoy a 10-Days / Nights stress-free Accompanied Small Group Package package for Retreat Participants that covers 4 islands over 10 days / nights or you can personalize a Self-Guided package to suit your needs.
The Self-Guided Packages are for travelers comfortable travelling on their own, with a partner or a group of friends or family but want a head start by not having to spend valuable time (re)searching accommodations, activities, local transportation options or coming up with a list of things to see and do. Benefit from the due diligence required in order to be part our LIFE! Wellness network of partners.
Prices, Options, Inclusions and more…
AZORES ISLANDS OPTIONS
- BEST OF THE AZORES: 10-nights on 4 islands (S. Jorge, Pico, Faial and S. Miguel Islands):
- See the Best of the Azores Package for full details & pricing from 2 475 per person based on double occupancy
Self-Guided 4 Days / Nights Sampler Package tothe AZORES ISLANDS*
- 4-nights in Ponta Delgada, S. Miguel Island: 550 € per person based on double occupancy (Single Supplement: 150 €)
- Includes 2 full-day guided tours including a visit to Terra Nostra Garden with thermal baths and as well as the COZIDO lunch.
What’s included? Accommodations, breakfasts and selected programmed tours /activities. Exclusions: lunches (aside from the Cozido lunch), dinners, airfare and related travel & medical insurance.
* Pricing valid for October and November 2023 only. After August 31, 2023 prices are subject to revision due to hotel room availability and pricing.
PRE RETREAT NIGHT IN LISBON (with transfer to Pine Cliffs Hotel included):
- One night stay (October 21st ) at 3 or 4 star Lisbon hotel and shuttle transfer with other retreat participants to the Pine Cliffs Hotel on October 22nd, 2023 (via a stop at the airport to pick-up other retreat participants, if any). Cost per person: 325 € per person Subject to availability.
|3-Days / nights: Integration and Portugal Exploration Excursion|
|Early Booking Price per person based on double occupancy |
including accompaniment by a Retreat Coach
(if reserved and paid by September 15th, 2023)
|Price per person based on double occupancy |
(AFTER September 15th, 2023)
|Single Supplement (private room)||230 €|
|* Subject to availability|
What’s included? Accommodations, transportation, all breakfasts and welcome group dinner in Lisbon, all programmed guided visits, boat and train excursions based on selected package. Exclusions: lunches, certain dinners, airfare and related travel & medical insurance.
Table of Shuttle & Private Transfer Options
|ARRIVAL TRANSFER OPTIONS*:||Cost per Person|
|1 Night at Lisbon Pre-Retreat hotel + Private Shuttle Transportation to Pine Cliffs Hotel||325 €|
|Direct Private Transfer from Lisbon airport to Pine Cliffs Hotel||350 €|
|Regular Transfer From Faro Airport to Pine Cliffs Hotel|
(Note: missed shuttles can be re-scheduled but are subject to availability, if there is no alternative transfer available, the cost will be refunded)
|DEPARTURE TRANSFER OPTIONS*:||Cost per |
|Direct Private transfer from Pine Cliffs Hotel to the Lisbon Airport *|
Shuttle transfer departure: October 29, 2023 at 13:30 (target arrival: 17:00)
|To Faro airport from Pine Cliffs Hotel *||55 €|
* Subject to availability based on dates & times. Reservations required prior to October 10, 2023.