Hosted by Travel to Transform International, this one-week wellness retreat offers you an opportunity to getaway, relax and recharge on the idyllic island of São Miguel, Azores. This remote, nine-island archipelago off the coast of Portugal will offer you’re an opportunity to emerge yourself in nature. Make new long-lasting friendships and restore mind, body and soul as you explore this beautiful subtropical paradise. Animation and workshops will be provided in English only.
During this retreat you will:
- Relax and soak in therapeutic geothermal hot springs
- Gaze in awe at stunning views from scenic overlooks and on hikes through lush vegetation, exploring bubbling brooks and hidden waterfalls
- Breathe in the vast untouched landscapes and wander through ancient fishing villages
- Dine on Cozida – a unique dish naturally cooked with the heat from volcanic fumaroles
- Visit a tea plantation, tour the historical factory and enjoy a cup tea in the tea room
- Interact with the locals while helping prepare and cook a typical Portuguese meal on a farm
Guests are sure to enjoy their stay at the charming Quinta Do Bom Despacho, an estate built in the 1700s and still owned by the original family. Surrounded by beautiful gardens and a natural swimming pool the Quinta is located within walking distance of the historic centre of Ponta Delgada (founded in 1507).
Word is just beginning to get out about this undiscovered gem – the time to visit is now…. Only a four hour flight from Boston and 2.5 hours from continental Europe – you are just a hop, skip and a jump from your next best adventure.
Price from: $2,871 USD per person based on double occupancy. This price includes all excursions, accommodations, three meals/day, and scheduled in-country transport but DOES NOT include flights to and from Portugal, medical expenses, additional unplanned meals/snacks, alcohol, and gifts.
Dates: September 22-29, 2019
This retreat is SOLD OUT but you can put you name down a priority waiting list to receive information about upcoming retreats in the Azores and other unique locations.
For additional information on Travel to Transform please visit: https://www.traveltotransform.org/