If you are looking to Relax, Recharge and Revitalize… THIS IS FOR YOU.
In collaboration with Carlos & Laura from the YouTube channel OUR JOURNEY ON PICO ISLAND, this especially designed package provides you an opportunity to do exciting and unique activities on three islands at the heart of the Azores Islands. Experience the Old-World European charm with architecture and villages dating back to the late 1400s while enjoying nature at its purest.
Each island is special with its own distinctive charm. This package focuses on three islands that offer breathtaking coastlines, spectacular cliffs, quiet valleys and enchanting crater lakes.
You’ll have time to savor a relaxed pace of life. Our carefully arranged itinerary is designed to provide the flexibility to allow you some free time to walk, hike or simply appreciate the beauty of the scenery, history and culture.
The spectacular scenery on both land and sea will make this an unforgettable Azorean experience!
Key points of interest:
- São Jorge: Be inspired by the “Three Fajãs Walk” (known as the best walk in the Azores); admire dormant volcanic craters, peaks and dramatic coastline with lush green landscape; savor some of the local pastries and its world-renowned cheese; and sit back and relax in the colorful garden in the port town of Velas.
- Pico: Escape to the highlands of Pico and discover its lakes and dramatic southern coast; enjoy a day of vineyards, vines and wines with a visit to the UNESCO World Heritage wine vineyards and wine museum; walk along the cobblestones of the historic whaling village of Lages (1460s); and immerse yourself in the picturesque port village of Madalena.
- Faial: Discover the costal villages of Varadouro & Praia Norte; visit the beach towns of Port Pim and Almoxarife; stand on the rim of a dormant volcano crater; walk through what is best described as the Pompeii of the Azores – Os Capelinhos, which was buried in volcanic ashes during the 1958 eruption; and take in the historic sailing port city of Horta and enjoy a drink (or pastry) at the iconic Peter’s Café.
For participants with a greater interest in health & wellness, we can include yoga sessions in the morning, some silent walks (a very rewarding form of meditation in nature) and also moments to let the mind calm down.
This Small Group Tour – offers many inclusions to make your trip as worry-free as possible. It includes all excursions, accommodations, land and inter-island ferry transportation, as well as most meals (exceptions are lunch and dinner on two “free-days”). However, it DOES NOT include any flights, insurance, medical expenses, additional unplanned meals/snacks, alcohol or expenses of a personal nature.
S. Jorge Island – Cantinho das Buganvilias
Pico Island – Alma do Pico
Price and Upcoming Departure Dates:
- 8-Days & Nights Package: 1 750 Euros per person based on double occupancy (Single Supplement 350 Euros)
- Small Group Tour starts on October 24 and ends November 1, 2022 (Arrival to São Jorge Island Airport (SJZ) and Departure from Pico Island Airport (PIX) or alternatively with a 20-30 minute ferry ride, from the Faial Island Airport (HOR)
To fully enjoy the included activities, participants should be able to complete 3-6 km of hiking or nature walks along varied terrain.
Refund policy: Due to logistical and service partner commitments we are not able to provide a full refund once your reservation has been confirmed and paid. However, if cancellations are made 45 days or more prior to the tour start date we will provide a 50% refund. We strongly encourage you to consider using an independent travel & medical insurance provider to ensure that costs & inconveniences resulting from unexpected trip cancellations and delays are minimized.
NOTE: Tremors have been registered in the western part of São Jorge Island since mid-March, which have since weakened again. The Azores are of volcanic origin (like Hawaii, Canary Islands and other archipelagos) and tremors are not uncommon. The intensity in March prompted local civil defense to issue a safety alert (which is still in place). However, the interim travel warning for the island of São Jorge was lifted by the Federal Foreign Office on 04.05.22 because the tremors have stabilized at a very low level. Life on São Jorge is back to normal. We continue to monitor the situation very closely and are in regular contact with our local partners. Should the situation change, we will inform all travel guests and in the interest of everyone’s safety, make adjustments to the itinerary, if deemed necessary.
Any questions? Please reach out to us if you have any questions or require further clarificationsm or want to be added to the waiting list for offerings of this tour
- Future “Best Of The Azorean Triangle Islands” tours with 10-14 Day Options:
- April / May 2023
- October / November 2023
MAKE IT EXTRA SPECIAL…. with optional unique experiences that can be added to your travel plans including:
- Canyoning, Coasteering, Kayaking or Scuba diving along the coast of São Jorge Island
- Dolphin / whale-watching among the many species found in the mid-Atlantic
- Climb Pico Mountain (Portugal’s tallest point) with a guide (full-day activity)
- Add extra days before or after the tour package to enjoy countless sites to simply relax and revitalize