Self-Guided Packages are for travelers comfortable travelling on their own, with a partner or a group of friends or family but want a head start by not having to spend valuable time (re)searching accommodations, local transportation options or coming up with a list of things to see and do.
Self-Guided plans can be done at anytime and can be combined to allow for a travel plan that suits your availability and budget. They can also be modified for your desired level of comfort and inclusions in order to suit your needs and preferences.
Each Self-Guided Package:
- includes accommodation(s) based on your comfort-level and budget. All are owner-managed properties dedicated to ensuring that your stay is unforgettable and as stress-free as possible. (Note that only accommodations that meet our high standards are included in the LIFE! Wellness network.)
- is designed so that each traveler can personalize it to fit their needs whether they are looking for active or adventurous activities or simply a slow(er) pace of travel with more time for rest & relaxation – or anything in between.
- depending on the package selected, some include island guided tours with transaportation, adventure activities and / or a car rental.
- includes access to an on-line detailed list of island-specific Tips & Ideas that will help you save time and money, suggested sites to see, restaurant recommendations as well as a list local English-speaking contacts (emails and phone numbers) which will undoubtedly reduce any travel-related stress or anxiety.
What’s not included: transportation (unless included as part of an island guided tour), meals, travel & medical insurance, etc. unless added on as part of a modified package.
What else can be included:
- Car rental or pre-arranged local transfers upon arrival or for selected activities.
- Guides for full-day or half-day tours.
- Pre-arranged (or make reservations for) add-on activities such as:
- Canyoning, Coasteering, Kayaking or Scuba diving along the coast of São Jorge Island
- Dolphin / whale-watching among the many species found in the mid-Atlantic
- Sunset cruise on a yacht in the canal between Pico and São Jorge islands
- Climb Pico Mountain (Portugal’s tallest point) with a guide (full-day activity) – be sure to add in a rest day (or two) afterwards!
- Experience breathtaking hikes through lush, green vegetation, beautiful volcanic craters and spectacular cliffs
- Enjoy countless sites to simply relax and revitalize
- Relaxation or Therapeutic Massage
How to get started: Simply let us know when you’re planning to travel, how many travelers & for how long (if known). We can start there and fill in the details to get to a Self-Guided Package that’s right for you.
Click on link for the details on the 4 or 7-Day AZOREAN ADVENTURE (S. Jorge, Pico and Faial Islands)